Hello 9jafoodie Nation, I hope the year has been kind to everyone. 2014 was great year for the 9jafoodie brand and we are forever thankful for your continuous support. 2015 is poised to be a greater year and we cannot wait to share everything we have been working on with you guy.
Here is a great simple that require minimal cooking effort. ditch your regular red stew for this, I promise you it’s well worth it. Serve it with some white rice and enjoy.
- 8- pieces Chicken – Leg and Thigh (Cut into chunks)
- 3 – cubes maggi
- Salt – to taste
- 4 – Tablespoons Cooking oil
- 3 – cups cubed Sweet Potatoes or Yam
- 2 – (400ml) Cans Coconut cream (milk)
- 2-3 cups Vegetables of choice
- 1 – Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 – Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 – Scotch Bonnet pepper (Atarodo) – Minced
- Season the cut chicken with salt and 1 cube maggi – Set aside
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add in the oil. Add in the seasoned chicken and sear on all sides until brown.
- Add in all left over ingredients with the chicken. Stir to combine
- Simmer on medium heat until chicken is cooked through and yam is tender. Adjust with water for thickness
Serve with rice