Oh granola, how I love thee. I started buying granola in my second year or so in uni, a small bag used to cost me like $8 or so from my favorite brand. Fast forward to 3 years ago when I learnt to make my own and I realized how cheap it is to make at home. In fact forget cheap, it’s super easy too!
This recipe is my go to. Feel free to mix things out and add other fixings of your choice. you can also add flavoring like nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon etc. Things like raisins and other dried fruits can also be added.
- 4 cups large flake oat
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 – 4 tablespoons oil (I used coconut oil)
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 cups nuts of choice
- Other – Baking pan and parchment or foil
- Preheat oven to 300f
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Pour on a lined oven tray (Used 2 trays to make cooking faster if you do not have a large tray)
- Cook for 30-45 mins until slightly browned. Mix at 15 mins intervals.
- Set aside to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.