This started as a craving for some McDonalds chicken nuggets. I would have just bought some but the God of self-control is alive and well. With LIN, I have unlocked a new level of fitfam that when I eat junk food I break out like crazy. This means I can’t indulge too much in deep fried stuff (except dodo and puffpuff because they are life and I would break out for them)
I wanted some heat in this chicken but I also wanted my two year old to be able to enjoy it. I introduced most of the heat into the breading instead of the chicken itself. I used my signature yogurt marinade in order to keep the chicken pieces moist and busting with flavors.
This is one recipe you want to try, it will be enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
- 6 pieces boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 3 breasts) – Cut into bite size pieces
- 1 maggi cube
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ - 1 cup panko or bread crumbs or crushed crushed plain cornflakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon suya spice
- ½ cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons VERY cold butter – cut into small chunks
- Combine all chicken ingredients. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside. Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, toss together all breading ingredients. Set aside
- Add flour to a bowl, mix in suya spice - set aside
- Crack and beat eggs in another bowl, set aside
- A couple pieces at a time, generously coat chicken pieces in flour then toss into egg mix and finally into breading.
- Shake off any loose coating and place on lined oven tray. Repeat until all the pieces are breaded.
- Top breaded chicken with butter chunks and bake for 15- 20 minutes
- Broil for an additional 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!!
- I served mine with Sriracha-mayo ( a combination of sriracha sauce and mayonnaise.