Hello my people. How una dey?
I have a different style recipe post for you guys this time.
If you follow me on instagram, you are already familiar with the #cookAlongWith9jafoodie series. If you don’t follow me on instagram, What are you waiting for? Do yourself a favour -> instagram.com/9jafoodie
#cookAlongWith9jafoodie is a movement on instagram where I post ingredients the day before and pictorial recipe directions the day after in an effort to get my followers to cook-along-with-me.
In the most recent iteration of #cookAlongWith9jafoodie, we made Crispy Baked Chicken & Potato Wedges. See photos/directions below.
For the Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- Salt – To taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Maggi – 1 cube
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- 2 eggs – cracked and beaten
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Chili flakes – to taste
- Combine chicken with salt, pepper and maggi. Set aside (can be marinated overnight)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a foil covered baking sheet, set aside
- In a small bowl, combine flour with some salt and pepper. set aside.
- Pour crushed cornflakes into a separate bowl. Set aside
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add in yogurt and season with chili flakes. Combine.
- In batches, dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in crushed Corn Flakes, press firmly to coat. Shake off any loose coating.
- Place chicken pieces on lined oven tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
So there you have it. Follow me on instagram and participate in our next #cookAlongWith9jafoodie